May 19

Seriously. This is the last part. I’m not kidding this time. If you missed any of the cliffhangers, make sure you check them out here. You don’t want to read the end of the book at the beginning right!?!

So we waited and we prayed. Lord please give me one more sign that this is your will. We sent in our info form on February 17th and now have heard nothing since February 24th. Heather Hamilton had been announced as the new children’s ministry director on Sunday March 16th so a huge weight had been lifted for me. Running children’s had been one of the things the Lord had known I would be doing for a period after Katie passed away, one of the reasons he hadn’t given us peace to adopt way back in July and that period was ending. So that night, Than and I spent time in prayer and asked for confirmation and guidance. Should we reach out again? One more time?

I felt much like Gideon. jg06_39 “Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece. This time make the fleece dry and the ground covered with dew.” Judges 6:39

Our God is so good. Judges 6:40, “That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered in dew.” jg06_40b On Monday March 17th, I woke up to an email in my inbox from a stranger. Her name is Brooke. She had seen that we were praying about adopting Lenny on the Yahoo group I mentioned in Part 4. I just have to share the whole email with you as it was so out of the blue and such an answer to my prayers. It could have only been the Lord.

Hi Sarah!
I am Brooke and I advocate for waiting kids from China who need a family. I have been advocating for Lenny for a long time and saw your post on the deaf adopt yahoo group. I was so excited! I have a deaf daughter who was adopted almost two years ago. I noticed Lenny was not noted as on hold or matched yet on Madison’s site. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about adopting a deaf child or working with Madison. We used them for our 2nd adoption- our 6 year old son. I am also happy to connect you with someone who met Lenny awhile back.
Brooke :)
Advocacy blog:

My fleece definitely stayed dry while the ground was covered in dew!!! I knew it was time to reach back out to both the agencies we had sent emails to last month. So I emailed Sara at Madison and Than email his contact from the other agency. We knew we would hear back from them both, He made that clear, and prayed the Lord made it clear who to use for our coming adoption.

Let’s start with the response that Than got. The woman that he had been in contact with had been nothing but helpful on our journey began all the way back in June 2013, so it was weird that she hadn’t responded to the earlier email. Well, she responded back to Than same day this time explaining the situation. Her agency had closed pretty suddenly. She had been very busy trying to help all the families that had found themselves mid-adoption without an agency and his earlier email had just been missed. She had been reeling from the news of the closure. So it was very clear that we weren’t going to be using that agency. Now I need to make sure you all are connecting the dots here. If we had started our process with them last July, we would have been at the very end of our process right when they closed. Trying to figure out how to change agencies, make it to China, and possibly find even more funds. It would have been a nightmare!! Thank you Lord.

Now to my response from Madison. I got a response within an hour. Sara had never gotten the voicemail that I had sent her. She was still waiting to hear back from us. She was super excited we wanted to move forward and asked if I would be available to speak with her on the phone the next day. That’s right…we were moving forward!!!

So on Tuesday March 18th, I spent nearly an hour on the phone talking to Sara. She is an amazing lady and was happy to answer all of my questions about whether or not we would even qualify to adopt. She reassured me that we could adopt Lenny and that they would help us. That afternoon, I received an email with an official application to fill out and send back. Did I mention that they happened to be running a celebration special and had cut their application fee in half from March 15 through the end of April? Thanks for the extra little love God:) We sent the application in the next day.

I found out one other thing while I was on the phone with Sara. She had gotten a call from a family around 6-7 months prior asking that she pull Lenny’s file into their agency. They wanted to adopt him. So she did and then she never heard back from the family. Since then, she had a special place in her heart for Lenny. She had felt such a burden that they had been close to finally finding him a family and that she had let him down. (That tells you this woman’s heart for orphans, does it not?) After waiting and waiting, they added the $5000 grant to try and help find this sweet boy a forever family. That other family inquiring about him led to one of the huge confirmations that the Lord has for us. His hand was on this adoption so many months ago knowing just where our path would lead!!! I spoke to the person at Madison that had a huge heart for my son. She was overjoyed to have seen this burden of finding him a family lifted.

God had been so good to us throughout this whole process. He has given us so many more reassurances that we are on His path and I can’t wait to share those with you all too. The home study, finding an ASL teacher, fundraising and filling out the mountains of paperwork all have their own stories, but this brings our journey of confirmation to a close. The end of the beginning. Finally!!!