Hey there everybody. Hope you all have had a good first week for The Whole 30. I’ve been doing much better than I anticipated but I’ve been feeling the desire to cheat the last day or so. Not for anything in particular but just for something that is forbidden. I know this is just my body rebelling against my lack of sugar and zero-nutrient carbs but it is still not fun. I’m staying strong…I think:)
Here are some of the snacks that we have tried this week. Again trying to be creative to ward off the boredom. I have more to try next week so stay posted.
- Cinnamon Apples – Our favorite by far. So quick and simple. Feels like you are eating a little slice of pie. Just cut up an apple and sprinkle on a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Add some almonds for some protein and you are set.
- Cashew Hummus – Tasty treat to jazz up your veggies.
- Nuts and Dried Fruit – Not exciting but an easy grab and go.
- Paleo Apple Crisp - A great dessert option for those special occasions.
- Paleo Apple Muffins - Nice to have for a quick grab and go snack.
Don’t forget to subscribe by email or RSS so you are notified when I put up new menu plans and snack ideas. I’m planning to have a menu for each of the four weeks. While I may repeat a couple favorites, my goal is to try lots of new things so we can find meals that we love and will add to our normal rotation when the 30 days is over.